Call for an appointment - 970.247.5559
Emergency after hours - 970.403.9397
Non-medical - All services are free
The Eula Jamison Williams Educational Grant (EJWEG) is available to single mothers who meet the criteria of the grant. They must be pursuing a GED or high school equivalent, Bachelor’s degree or would benefit from specific training with the intent to improve their life and work skills; ultimately finding employment which enables them to be self-sufficient and positive contributors to the community.
Criteria for those Persons applying—
- Pursuing specific training for a skill by an accredited institution producing certification.
- Completing a GED or high school equivalent degree.
- Entering, continuing or completing an undergraduate academic degree.
- Documented resident of La Plata County for a minimum of one year. Preference given to women who have been clients of Durango Pregnancy Center for at least four months.
Requirements for Processing Funding—
- A completed application must be submitted along with two references, signed statements and essay describing why funding is needed and how it will help you to achieve self-sufficiency. Incomplete applications will not be accepted or considered.
- All references must be mailed or presented directly from the reference and not the applicant.
- Applicant must offer proof of present employment or have evidence of a committed work ethic.
- Verification that the applicant’s selected program is offered by an accredited institution.
- If presently enrolled in an educational program, applicant must submit their most recent transcript showing a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicant must agree to an accountability schedule and being assigned to an educational support volunteer.
- A personal interview with the Educational Grant Fund Team.
If funding is offered to the recipient, an invoice from the accredited institution must be submitted. No monies are given directly to the recipient.
Funding amount awarded is determined by need and the strength of the application.
Deadline for submission of the completed Educational Grant Fund application is the last Thursday of each month by 4:00 p.m. Application packets can be, by arrangement, picked up at Durango Pregnancy Center
Submit completed and signed forms to -
Valerie Mangrum, Executive Director
Durango Pregnancy Center
1315 Main Avenue, Suite 230, Durango, CO 81301